DCFD 3-Way Decoder Cable Fuse Device
3WAY DECODER CABLE FUSE DEVICE
SKU#:17000368 | MFG#:DCFD3
- Designed as an isolation device to help with troubleshooting 2-Wire irrigation systems
- Long 14 gauge direct burial leads for easy troubleshooting
- Integrated quick-disconnect splitter separates the incoming signal from the central computer
|Ewing List Price||$232.85|
|Login to see Your Price|
These products were specifically designed as electrical isolation devices to help with troubleshooting of damaged or non-functioning 2-Wire irrigation systems. Single or multiple sections of the electrical circuit can be disconnected or isolated by simply removing a fuse, without cutting wires or undoing splices/joints.
Integrated quick-disconnect splitter separates the incoming signal from the central computer into single (270DCFD1), two (270DCFD) or three (270DCFD3) directions. A standard 5-amp Mini Automotive fuses are utilized to act as circuit switches when they are inserted (closed/on) or removed (open/off.) The fuses also provide lightning protection when the electrical surges exceed the capacity of the 5-amp fuse(s.) The isolation of circuit sections eliminates or minimizes electronic component failure.
Test posts (silver dots in the wiring diagrams to the right) are accessible when the threaded cap is removed. This allows the measurements of voltage and current flow. It may be necessary to use a "True RMS" multi-meter to perform these tests. Consult with the manufacturer of the decoder system.
The Paige Electric Decoder Cable Fuse Devices shall be installed at strategic locations of a Decoder/2-Wire/2-Core system such that it can isolate certain sections of cables for purposes of troubleshooting. The DCFD shall be installed inside an accessible irrigation valve box. Each location shall be clearly shown on the as built drawings. The splices for all connections shall be made using 3M model DBR/Y-6 (Paige Electric 270672) waterproof connectors.
- Water Tight- A resin is used to waterproof the wire leads
- Wire Leads- All wires are 14 AWG, Type UF/TWU direct burial, 36" long. This allows the assembly to be brought above grade when troubleshooting and accessing the fuses
- O-Ring Seal- Provides a waterproof capsule. Cap is unscrewed to access the fuses
- ACME Threads- Minimizes binding of threads due to soil
- Splices/joints- All connections of the 14 AWG wire leads onto the 2-wire cables shall be made using a 3M model DBR/Y-6