Moisture Guard MG-C Wire Connector
270MGC MOISTURE GUARD CONN
SKU#:17000360 | MFG#:270MGC
- No stripping of wires
- Quick and easy to use
- The sunlight resistant components
|Ewing List Price||$1.50|
|Login to see Your Price|
The MGC is ideal for splicing wires and cables in Irrigation and Low Voltage Lighting Systems. The proven 3M concept of “insulation displacement connectors” allows the splices to be made without stripping the insulation from the wires. The application is for residential and commercial/industrial projects.
- No stripping of wires: the connector utilizes the proven 3M “Insulation Displacement Connector” method whereby a copper element cuts through the sides of the wire insulation and applies inward pressure to the copper conductor. This makes a secure, reliable connection.
- A waterproof gel: protects the electrical connection from moisture and water.
- Quick and easy to use: simply slide the un-stripped wires inside the connector ports and push the black lid down using a pair of long-handled pliers. A soft gray boot stays tightly around the wire as it is inserted into the connector to keep the gel inside.
- The insulation does not shrink back: during the installation process, wire is sometimes stretched. When the wire is cut, the insulation slowly shrinks back. Because the copper blades of the MGC connector only cut the sides of the insulation, it is held inside the gel-filled connector.
- The sunlight resistant components: ensure trouble free above-ground installations.
- The wire range is ideal for installation in residences, commercial and industrial projects. The two outer ports are used for Irrigation wire or Low Voltage Landscape Lighting cable. These ports accept 18-14 AWG, solid, 18-12 AWG, stranded. The center port is used for the electric solenoid wires or light fixture leads. The center port accepts 20 to 16 AWG, solid or stranded