1/2-inch Threaded Dripline Vacuum Relief Air Vent
AIR/VAC RELIEF VALVE 1/2MPT
- Install in subsurface systems.
- Not required for on-surface installations.
- Allows operation even at full line pressure.
- 1/2 inch male IPS threaded connection.
|Ewing List Price||$13.10|
|Login to see Your Price|
Properly utilizing air vents helps to efficiently control air in irrigation systems which controls the water flow. Both the presence and absence of air can damage and cause problems with irrigation systems. Relief air vents are used to discharge and allow air as required. If air becomes trapped in pipes, water flow can be impeded lowering the uniformity of watering. Trapped air causes damage to pipes and fittings, water hammer and inaccurate readings of water and flow meters. Flow meters require pipes to be full of water to obtain reliable and accurate water measurements. Contaminates like mud and dirt can be triggered to flow into the piping system should pipes lack air.
- Recommended for use in subsurface systems.
- Not required for on-surface systems.
- Discharges large volumes of air before a pipe is pressurized.
- Admits large quantities of air when the pipe drains.